Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Who'd a Thunk It?

I must say, that A-HA moment when I realize exactly what I plan to share with my blog fans (yes, all 9 of you), is so rewarding!! And who would have thunk it? (Wow, no underline under the word thunk telling me that I have a misspelled word...okay, I'll roll with it.) My moment came to me while cleaning tonight!

It was a long day at work, conducting selection interviews for the dispatcher position(s), and the last thing I want to do when I get home is housework but, I figure, someone's gotta do it and mama's got a new toy!! I can't just let it sit there in the box until the weekend! So, I change out of my uniform, feed the dogs, set the sprinkler on in the front yard and grab the scissors. As this giant box sits on the table with the AMAZON label quietly staring me in the face saying, "you got a deal on this lady...now get to work", I start cutting into the box. 

My Bissell Little Green Machine Portable Spot Cleaner has arrived! We had another spot cleaner, in fact, I can't even remember the name of it, that's how impressed we were with it. Anyway, the motor on it died and we just knew we were going to have to replace it. Now I can imagine you're thinking, who would possibly have enough spots on their floor where the motor would die on a carpet spot remover? Well, let me tell ya. We have four dogs. Yes, four.  And, while I love them with all my heart and I often come home with rawhides for them or dog biscuits, they, too, like to leave me gifts. Whether it's Charlie who brings in a random dead animal from outside or Beau who is telling me, "Hey, Mom, I ate too fast, I now feel like crap, so, here...have this back." 

While I know they are the most loving little creatures in the world, they are also dirty and well, I don't want to live with it. So, we went out on a limb and ordered the Little Green Machine through Amazon not knowing a whole lot about it.

I put hardly any effort into the assembly...even though I did freak out a bit when I read that I needed a phillips head screwdriver. I freaked for nothing as it was just attaching one little piece to the side of the machine. TA-DAAAA! Fully assembled. Ready for action.  As I started going after some stains on the carpet, yes, I found a red wine spill and a coffee spill and a few unidentifiable spills, I started realizing how AMAZING this product is! Stains lifted with little effort on my part. The brush is the perfect size to get into awkward corners and under furniture. Here's the best part!! It cost just $74 on Amazon. While I did do some price comparison, it didn't take me long to realize that Amazon was definitely going to save me some money. FREE shipping and I had it within 3 days of placing my order online. Amazon is my new best friend. Don't worry, Danah, just my website best friend...oh wait, besides facebook and eBay..okay, how about it's my new friend. :)

So, if you're in the market for a carpet spot cleaner. I highly recommend the Bissell Little Green Machine. Here are some features of the product:
  • earth-friendly cleaning method
  • can remove small and large stains
  • with 1-step clean and extract feature 
  •  made of post-consumer recycled plastic
  • tanks and hose are PVC-free
  • comes with a stain-brush attachment
  • measures 8.2 x 17.2 x 12.5 inches
My second recommendation is to buy it on Amazon. The machine costs $99 at retail stores and if you buy it online from one of those retailers you'll, most likely, have to pay shipping, too. 
So, tonight I'll leave you with photos of my four-legged, furry, dirty, messy, gift-bearing pups! Happy cleaning my friends...happy cleaning!
Beau and Charlie
Sawyer Brown
Rancher 

4 comments:

Cristy said...

We LOVE our little machine too! Dogs and kids = DIRT ... and lots of it!!! Glad you like yours!

Erin said...

I made a mistake on the blog. I said it cost me $74 and it only cost $72.54. Even cheaper than I thought. Not by much but hey, every dollar counts nowadays!

Danah said...

Thanks for the shout out!

Quay Po Cooks said...

Since we had Ruby, we stored all our carpets! hehe.. if not, I will definitely order this machine from Amazon! Great find at a great price indeed!