Sunday, July 24, 2011

Two Great Finds at a Great Price!

So, I decided to join the blogging community.  My best friend blogs about food and wine and I see how much joy it gives her so, I figured, why not give it a try.  While I, too, enjoy good food and wine my BFF (Best Friend Forever) is so good at trying new recipes and new bottles of wine that she was meant to blog about it!  Me, not so much.  I tend to stick to what I know and love when it comes to dishes and drinks however, when it comes to bargains, I’m willing to try anything!  So, here is my gift to you.  I will share with you my favorite finds.  The deals and steals that I truly love.  I’ll also throw in little money saving tips that you may just not know about but may come to appreciate. By the way, her blog is listed to the right. Check it out! You won't be disappointed.

Have you ever noticed that when someone compliments you on something you’re wearing the first thing you say is where you bought it, how much it cost and how much you love it?  If not, you’re not me. I realized that I do it a little too often and sometimes, I kind of just need to keep these little secrets to myself.   Well, no secret keeping for me!  For example, last Sunday my BFF and I were doing our Avon Breast Cancer training walk in Santa Barbara.  As we walked by Old Navy, on State Street, I overheard the group of three walking behind us mention the store and how much they like shopping there.  Out of nowhere, I flipped around and said, “I bought these pants there!  I love them and they were only 20 bucks!”  As they smiled to “humor” me I embarrassingly turned around and imagined them rolling their eyes at one another thinking, “Uh, don’t think we asked her about her pants.”  Well, c’est la vie I say! Now they know about my pants, how much they cost me and that I LOVE THEM! 

First of all, let me tell you why I love them so much. They are made of cotton and just enough spandex to hold it all in. They are NOT low rise so, when I bend over no one is seeing something they shouldn’t. I’m not a plumber. Never have been, never will be. Also, they come in a long length. I’m only 5’7” but have realized that if I don’t buy long pants they shrink and end up looking ridiculous on me. And, the best thing about these pants is that they were only $19.50! So, with that, here is the link to the pants. Take a look. You may just gotta have ‘em! Old Navy Yoga Pants

The second deal also begins with a story.  Last Thursday I attended a meeting in Sacramento. As I met up with a friend,  I found myself staring at her eyes.  Yes, I know.  When you talk to someone you’re supposed to stare into their eyes but as she was talking I found myself wondering, “Where did she get that eye liner??”  Her eyes looked amazing!  As she talked I kept thinking, “Okay, Kim, take a breath so I can ask you where you got that eye liner!”  Sure enough, she decided to breathe and I quickly threw out my question for her.  Her reply, “Wet N Wild.  Pretty sure the color is Bronzed and I buy it at Wal-greens. I think I only paid like 99 cents for it.”  Oh, the sound of the angels singing in my head were so crisp and clear!  “99 cents!,”  I thought.  “What a deal!”  So, I visited Wal-greens this weekend. Wore the eye liner today and well, I’m truly amazed out how much happiness 99 cents can give me! Wet N Wild Bronzed Eye Liner
 
And, here’s my little money saving tip.  Don’t ever be too good to shop at a store such as oh, say, Big Lots and make sure that’s one of the first stores you think of when you’re on a mission to find something.  I have found some of the best deals there.  I have walked out with things as small as Revlon make-up and as large as a piece of furniture.  Just remember, between Big Lots, Wal-Mart and Target, we can live happily and save money at the same time.  Don’t get me wrong, you should definitely go to Macy’s every now and then, too!  Splurging never hurt a woman if she did it wisely!

8 comments:

Quay Po Cooks said...

I am so proud of myself to be the first to comment on your first post!! I love that you blog and I know you will be soon addicted to it! It gave me so much joy blogging and I have met tons of wonderful people all over the globe. Great post my dear. I know I will be stalking all your post and spend hours of enjoyable time here from now on. I will link your blog to mine!! LOVE YOU LOTS!

Marisela58 said...

Great Blog Erin. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Unknown said...

Trying to join as a follower, but I've found that I'm having trouble with a few blogs. It only shows the word 'followers' and no link.
Welcome to the blogging world. You have an amazing stepmom too.Maa

1-2punch said...

Great idea, and welcome to the blogging community, many wonderful peeps out here!

My Little Space said...

Hi Erin, nice to meet you. I'm grateful that Veron introduced you to us. Will visit more often.
Thanks for sharing more wonderful stuffs from the other side of the globe.
Have a great day ahead.
Kristy

Kim K. said...

Welcome to the blog world!! I'm all about good deals, any tips fully welcomed!!!

Mary said...

Fun blog. I love finding a good deal on things that we will use. I haven't tried wet and wild products since I was in high school. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in a drug store. Thanks for the tip!

Jen Currier said...

Okay- I LOVE your blog and can't believe how many times I excitedly grunted "Hmm" throughout it! LOL! I've always been a little wary of Old Navy yoga pants- they look too good to be true, but now I am promptly going out to try some on...and the eye-liner? Tracking it down tomorrow. Thanks also for the link to my blog- very sweet of you to link me here. ((hugs))