Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Little Menage a Trois with Belvedere!

Ok, so, no menage a trois but it's a catchy title! Don't you agree?

The other day my girlfriend and I were talking and she tells me that my favorite red table wine is on sale at Total Wine & More. So, naturally we planned our outing like two wine loving women would do. Little did I know, I would get an added bonus while there.

A few months back this same friend of mine and I went to a concert in Hollywood. Knowing that we would probably have a few cocktails we decided to get a hotel room for the night and just drive home in the morning. It's a good thing we did.

As you can probably guess, I was going to get us a good deal on a hotel room. I did a few searches and came across a website that had reduced prices on nice hotels and sure enough, I found the place! The Redbury at Hollywood and Vine. I highly suggest you visit their webpage and if you are ever looking for a place to stay, stay here! Anyway, when we walked in to the suite we were automatically upgraded to upon check in, we noticed the fully stocked bar.

Now, my friend and I like our wine but we love us a good bloody Mary! When we saw the mix and then the vodka, we made a couple of drinks. Then we looked a little closer at the bottle of vodka. It read "tomato infused." This heightened our taste bud's senses and sure enough...heaven. That's when my search began.

The brand was Crop Organic Vodka. I searched high and low and could only find it online for a price I really didn't want to pay. I even went to Total Wine and had the clerk look it up for me. Tears welled up in my eyes when he told me that the company had discontinued it. (not really, but I was bummed.)

I thought my search was over until I saw an ad in my Marie Claire magazine for Belvedere Tomato Infused Vodka. I was thrilled and even so much that I took a picture of the ad and text it to my friend. The following day I went to the store to see if they carried it. Sure enough, they do but for $36 a bottle. I cringed at the price when it was surrounded by other flavors at a much lower amount. I left. No Belvedere in my bag. Until last night.

Sure enough, while getting my bottle(s) of Menage a Trois red table wine for just $6.47 each...which I normally pay $7.49 at Costco and $8.99 at the grocery store, I walked over to the vodka aisle, which I must say, there are tons of flavors! The entire aisle was vodka. They even had chocolate espresso flavor. Ewwww!

And there it was. Belvedere Bloody Mary. Then my eyes wandered down to the price and my jaw dropped. $25!! I know, only $11 cheaper but how could I pass it up, right?

So, here I sit, after a busy day at work, drinking a very tasty bloody Mary which is just perfect on a 90 degree weather evening, and I paid what I wanted to pay! Why, you ask? Because that's how I roll!

5 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Yum! It always tastes better when the price is right. :)

Erin said...

I couldn't agree with you more! :)

Marisela58 said...

Erin, I love this Blog post. It was funny and informative. Keep up the good work!

Quay Po Cooks said...

Erin, you are getting that Belvedere Vodka for a steal! We pay more than US$45.00 here. This is also your Dad's favorite brand of vodka but he only buys the Absolute to make Dirty Martini. We have gone around drinking Dirty Martine, not even one joint had serve one that is even near to what your Dad made. Are you jealous that I have my own personal Bartender? hehe Oh I love reading your posts, always give me a chuckle! XOXO

mmb said...

How fun to find it at a great price!